1 an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements [syn: purge]
- present participle of purge
Purge may refer to one of the following.
- Purge, forcible removal of undesirable people from political activity, etc.
- Purge (album) the third album by singer/songwriter Bif Naked
- Purge (comics), a Marvel Comics character associated with Professor X on Genosha
- Purge (game), a first person shooter
On Wikipedia, see
absolution, abstergent, abstersion, acquittal, acquittance, assassination, bloody murder, bowdlerization, bumping-off, catharsis, cathartic, cleaning, cleansing, clearance, clearing, compurgation, deliverance, depurative, destigmatization, destigmatizing, detergent, detersion, discharge, disculpation, dismissal, diuretic, dry cleaning, elimination, emetic, emotional release, exculpation, excuse, exoneration, explanation, expurgation, expurgatory, forgiveness, foul play, freeing, homicide, intermission, justification, liquidation, lustral, lustration, manslaughter, murder, pardon, purgation, purgative, purge, purification, purificatory, purifying, quietus, quittance, rationalization, rehabilitation, reinstatement, release, remission, removal, reprieve, respite, restoration, steam cleaning, surcease, suspension, thuggee, thuggery, thuggism, verdict of acquittal, vindication